Too often we underestimate the importance of preparation. Let's go over how you can prepare physically and mentally before a round of golf.
- Stretching and warming up your body is essential before practice or a game to improve your performance and reduce the risk of injury. Try out these simple stretches or check out Tiger's minute by minute warm-up routine.
- Eating light and a healthy meal will provide sustained energy release throughout your game. Don't forget to bring along some healthy snacks such as edamame, mixed nuts, veggie sticks with hummus, or deviled eggs to keep your energy up. And of course, don't forget to hydrate frequently!
- Visualize your shot before playing it.
- Practice the exact shot you are about to play.
- Don't think too much about your swing. Over thinking and hesitation will most likely result the same way. Confidence is key.
- Begin with short-irons, move to mid-and long irons and then the woods.
- Don't forget to practice your short game.
- When you don't have time to go out to a practice range, don't forget to regularly train with your Smart Golf club! Review your performance history and your best swings.